MORE IDYLLIC, LESS TYPICAL

Join me on my road to better fitness. I'll be posting thoughts, successes, challenges I've overcome, and visions of where I'm headed physically.

For me the last two years have been about increasing flexibility to facilitate a better golf swing. I think I'm finally ready to change my shape.

It's wild to say it, but I'm a couple of short years away from the big 40, and I don't want to be looking like I am.

I've never spent a lot of time at the computer at home - that's my excuse for posting so sporatically before, but with the ease of the blogger app on my iphone it's going to be a lot easier to record progress, gain positive strength from my friends, and benefit from project Vin.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

musings

I can't believe it's been years since I started my project Vin blog. There's little to be excited about knowing my physical make up is nearly the same as then, but there's no benefit in wasting time with regret. I began again 6 weeks ago.

The obvious attribute I need to help me move forward is discipline. I decided I would drink water only instead the steady stream of caffeinated beverages that had become habit. For going on a month and a half, I've had less than 44 ounces of soda per week. I drink water. My purpose in making this drastic and difficult change was to get more discipline. It's working.

Two weeks ago I cleaned out the workout space in my garage, unburied the smith machine, set up the speakers, and eliminated all excuses. Two days ago I actually lifted and I'm perfect since. It's a start.

It's always startling how much better I feel after a workout. In an attempt to build up positive energy around my workouts I hung photos from muscle and fitness magazine near my weights plus downloaded the blogger app on my iPhone so I can journal about my progress.

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.