MORE IDYLLIC, LESS TYPICAL

Join me on my road to better fitness. I'll be posting thoughts, successes, challenges I've overcome, and visions of where I'm headed physically.

For me the last two years have been about increasing flexibility to facilitate a better golf swing. I think I'm finally ready to change my shape.

It's wild to say it, but I'm a couple of short years away from the big 40, and I don't want to be looking like I am.

I've never spent a lot of time at the computer at home - that's my excuse for posting so sporatically before, but with the ease of the blogger app on my iphone it's going to be a lot easier to record progress, gain positive strength from my friends, and benefit from project Vin.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

food eighty workouts twenty

You'll hear in business that eighty percent of your earnings comes from twenty percent of your clients. This applies in my business to a large degree so the idea was in my mind on Monday when I ran into a strength and conditioning coach and asked about lifting, "which shoulder, arm, and chest lifts do I need to focus on to get chiseled up?" The answer was not was I was looking for.

I figured there had to be an ideal numbert of sets or pattern of lifts to maximize results. She said lifting and excercise is at best only twenty percent of what's important for me to look the way I want and it really doesn't matter what I do, just that I do something. Food is eighty percent of the challenge. Finding and then eating the right number of calories to lose fat an retain muscle. She de-emphasized what you eat and says it's more important to cut yourself off at your total calories for the day no matter what you eat or what time you reach your total.

It went against everything I was moving towards, but she's muscled up and, well I'm not.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's the killer, right there!! Dang. If we could only eat whatever the heck we wanted and just excercise like crazy. Too bad it doesn't work that way. Diet is the HUGEST part of the whole equation. I've always known that. Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to toughen up. June is gonna be here before I know it. And I want to be cruise-worthy!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.