MORE IDYLLIC, LESS TYPICAL

Join me on my road to better fitness. I'll be posting thoughts, successes, challenges I've overcome, and visions of where I'm headed physically.

For me the last two years have been about increasing flexibility to facilitate a better golf swing. I think I'm finally ready to change my shape.

It's wild to say it, but I'm a couple of short years away from the big 40, and I don't want to be looking like I am.

I've never spent a lot of time at the computer at home - that's my excuse for posting so sporatically before, but with the ease of the blogger app on my iphone it's going to be a lot easier to record progress, gain positive strength from my friends, and benefit from project Vin.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

no pain no gain is a bunch of crap

I have been able to balloon up to my current size with no pain. That is why I say that it is crap that there is pain to gain. What I want is pain to loose fat. I thought I’d share something that I have been using for the past month. I have always heard that counting calories is a huge part of weight loss. According to Garth’s post, it is 80% of weight loss. The secret is finding out what your recommended daily intake or RDI of calories is and then creating a deficit beyond that with exercise. I have found a really great app for android phones called “Calorie Counter by Fat Secret”. What is really nice about this little tool is that I can scan barcodes which will input all the info you need. You can then add everything you eat, and all the exercise that you have done. It syncs with fatsecret.com. Long story short, this app is amazing for anyone that has an android type phone. There is so much more, definitely worth checking out if you want some additional help. Since accountability is huge, it is hard to cheat with this thing. I don’t know if there is a version for the iPhone but there is for you iPad people: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-by-fatsecret/id364140848?mt=8

2 comments:

  1. Count me out on that one. Don't have the technology. he, he, he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, how many times do I need to tell you? Drive to the Verizon store and replace that cricket peice o crap with a DROID.

    Thanks Greg. I downloaded it and will give it a run. I love that it syncs for free with the desktop version.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.